Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kids in Costumes

I thought my blog was sorely lacking pictures. Especially for a blog mentioning dressing up as much as I have! So here is a sample of the fun we've had practicing "Performance Based Homeschooling." Enjoy!

The whole family at the Renaissance Fair this past May.

My oldest two mastering all things Egyptian. 

 Son studied cowboys.

 November has been Native American study for years at our home.

 We volunteered at a historical re-enactment park in Salt Lake just to get a chance to authentically pretend!

 Our first Native American learning 5 years ago this fall.

 My oldest and I performed in our local Nutcracker production.

 My oldest putting on his best "Les Miserables" face.

 The girls got to climb into Cinderella's carriage, tutus, tiaras and all!

An unhappy aristocrat.

 Tell me about Ireland!

 A baby in disguise

 Son at Mountain Man Rendezvous

Twin heroes! (Yes, we even studied "Hero Culture." Kid chosen, naturally.)

Looking for a venue to enjoy a little dress-up? Check out my post on socialization here. And share your favorite places for dress-ups with me in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment