Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

An Attention-Getting Pumpkin Dessert

Honestly, I'm not a pumpkin cookie fan. I like a nice pumpkin bar with cream cheese frosting, but that's not too far from cake, which isn't my thing. And I like pumpkin pie, but once I discovered freshly baked pie, I'd take a berry pie over pumpkin pie any day. What's a gal to do during pumpkin season? Well, try THIS fabulous recipe which gets rave reviews each time I serve it to guests. Of course, it's easy as pie - in fact even easier - or it wouldn't get MY thumbs up! So for your eating (and cooking) enjoyment....

Fabulous Pumpkin Dessert

1 large can of pumpkin
6 eggs
scant 2 cups sugar
6 tsp pumpkin pie spice
scant 2 cans of evaporated milk

Blend the above with hand-held mixer 'til smooth and pour into greased 10x15 cake pan. Then, one at a time, dump/pour/sprinkle on top:

1 package of yellow cake mix (yep, just the mix, unmade - the recipe calls for "golden vanilla" but I never have that on hand)
1 1/2 c. walnuts chopped
1 cube melted butter.

Pop all that in the oven and bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until browning and set in the middle. Cool slightly and serve warm with cool whip.

No tie in to homeschooling this time. Just plain yumminess!

No comments:

Post a Comment