Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Cucumber Punch Recipe - For Your "Trying-Something-New Muscles"

I can't believe how wildly popular my sugar cookie recipe is. I mean, I SHOULD believe it, because sugar cookies are awesome in general. And the ones on my blog are TO DIE FOR.  But if you've hit my blog hoping to find MORE great recipes, you are just in time!

My last post was about building our muscles so we can move from having to think of all the how-to's to living in automated habit, or mastery, mode. Of course, there aren't "biking muscles," or "ballet muscles," or "homeschooling muscles." My point was that every time we try something new, including homeschooling, it will feel a little awkward at first, like the pain of working a new muscle.

UNLESS, that is, we've worked out our "Trying-Something-New Muscles!" Of all the muscle groups, getting a regular work-out of these may be the most beneficial in life. AND we don't need to do anything as drastic as pull our kids from public school to get those muscles working. We can begin with trying new food.

So here you go! This is a great punch recipe. Cucumber Punch is my go-to entertaining punch in the hot summer months, so jump in (not literally) and enjoy it right away. I love serving it when I entertain because it gives guests something to talk and marvel about. In all of my sharing, I think I've only had one person not like it - my brother Matt, but he doesn't like anything, so don't let his hesitation hold you back!

Cucumber Punch
6 cucumbers, peeled and sliced (I like to slice them about as thin as a stack of 3 or 4 quarters)
1 can of frozen limeade (partially thawed)
3 2 liter bottles of 7-Up
1 large bag of deli or "Sonic" or pellet ice (this is the hardest ingredient to come by, I've found, on the go) Sonic, the drive through fast food joint, does sell it, but some employees aren't aware of that fact and they don't sell it during certain busier hours. I've had better luck hitting my grocery stores and asking the people in the meat department or deli if I can buy a bag of the ice they put in the display cases. Often, they don't know what to charge, and each store handles THAT challenge a little differently, but be persistent and you can usually walk away with a bag of the ice you want. See, you didn't think this punch would be as easy as drinking something new did you!?

So! Mix it up in a punch bowl, allowing about 30 minutes for the cucumber flavor to absorb into the punch. When it comes to mixing, I'd begin by adding 1 bottle of 7-Up, all of the cucumbers, and 1/3 of the limeade and ice, adding more of both if you have room in the bowl. You can keep adding limeade, 7-up and ice as the punch is attacked, and assuming the cucumbers don't disappear. (They may, as they are super tasty after sitting in the punch for a while.)

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think! And do share in the comments below any recipes you enjoy that similarly strengthen our trying-something-new muscles!

No comments:

Post a Comment