Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2014

Feel the LOVE!

Tonight's project was prepping a visual aid for a homeschooling booth at an upcoming Community Fair. I hogged to myself the task of collecting quotes about what mothers, fathers, children, and families love about homeschooling. As I expected, the answers, unprompted by anything more than the question, reveal the peace and joy that come into lives AND into the learning process with the decision to homeschool. It was so sweet and moving to compile these, I can't help but share!

Please share the reasons YOU love homeschooling in the comments below! :)

WE love homeschooling because….


“My children are a blessing and I love to be with them.” mother of 4


"I get to be around my siblings and I don't have a set time I have to be awake everyday." Tabitha, age 9


“I can sit wherever I want and I can use the bathroom anytime." Matthias, age 11 ¾


“We get to focus on the joy of learning, instead of test mastery. Going at each child's pace, my children can develop a love for the things they are learning.” mother of 4, homeschooling 2 years


“Schooling has turned into a lifestyle for our family instead of a physical destination!" Millville mom of 2 school age kids


"You can wake up and just do it and have it done with!" Peter, age 8


“I have the opportunity to study what I am interested in and because of all my free time, I can pursue my passions.” Camden, age 14


“My group of homeschool friends are great!  They share the same values and have many of the same goals that I do.” Hyrum boy, 14 years old


“Instead of just cooking, cleaning and doing laundry, I also am involved in the enriching experiences of teaching and mentoring.” Hyrum mother of 6


“Our family is so close. We love learning together and having freedom to pursue our interests.” mother homeschooling for 8 years


“I love it when my mom reads to me." Elijah, age 9


"I love homeschooling because I don't want to go to school ALL DAY." Amy, age 5


“It’s FUN!” boy, age 10


“I love nature club” girl, age 8


“Mom, can we do homework right now?” boy, age 3


“We have time to pursue our interests and teach our values to our kids.” Tammy, mom


“The kids can maintain different levels of intensity in different subject areas. This allows them to "specialize" on things that they love.”  Skyla, mom of 3


“Together, we get to experience learning as an adventure to be had rather than a task to be completed.” mother of 4, homeschooling for 6 years


“I can get help whenever I need it.” Wes, age 7


“We can work at different levels in different subjects and progress at our own pace without having to wait for the whole class.” Amanda, homeschooling second grade on down


“We have time to learn, read book after book, take lessons (music, sports,etc.) and still have plenty of time for our kids to enjoy the unstructured, imaginative time so important to their development.” Heidi, homeschool mom of 3


"I can pick some of what I learn instead of just learning something that all 4th graders are supposed to learn." Ellie, age 9


“I can spend more time with my family and I can read more.” 9 year old girl from River Heights


“My teenager is one of my best friends.”
Sarah, mother to a 15 year old daughter


“You get to be with your family all day.”
Delilah, age 7


“I can learn about things I am really interested in.”
10 year old girl from Providence


“My kids have a teacher who loves them.”
Glenn, father of three

“My children are surrounded by those who love them most and time is theirs to figure out life.”
Raecale, mother of five


“The pace and the freedom are a perfect match for us! I love sharing my day with my kids!”
Mandilyn, mother of two


“I have more time to be with my friends." Zachary, age 10 from Providence.


"I can stay at my house if I want to, and I don't have to catch an early bus!" Chayce, girl, age 8


"I have really enjoyed watching my children flourish as we have found what methods allow them to grasp mathematical and literary concepts."  Jillian, mother of 5


“We get to fully shape and enjoy the most impressionable, delightful years of our children's lives.” 6 year homeschooling mom


“It has encouraged close relationships and loyalty between our children." mother of three daughters and one on the way

"Mom, I was BORN to do math!" homeschooled 4 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment